Upgrade Connected Business
Before installing any updates in Connected Business, make sure to:
- Backup all installations related to Connected Business.
It is important to create a backup of all instances and files related to the version that will be upgraded. Maintain a backup on a separate machine or media if possible.
- Create a backup copy of the production database to be upgraded.
If this is already accomplished in item 1, then skip this. Otherwise, please backup the production database.
- Identify and backup custom or modified SQL Views for execution after upgrade.
If there are views or scripts that were modified to fit the specific business needs of your company, identify and create SQL files for your custom SQL views for execution after the upgrade.
Install the Latest Version of Connected Business
To download and install the latest version of Connected Business, follow the steps below.
- Go to Connected Business website to get the latest installer. For faster processing, contact the Connected Business Sales Team to check your account.
- Once you have already downloaded the installer from the website, run the application.
- On the InstallAware wizard, select the updated version of Connected Business application to install. Click Download.
- Once downloading is complete, choose the updates to install. Click Install button.
- Wait until the installation is complete. Click Finish.
Upgrade Connected Business Database
After successfully installing the updates, you need to upgrade the production database using Database Management Console utility. This tool can be used to upgrade the company databases as well as the demo database. To upgrade the database,
- Go to Start > All Programs > Connected Business 13.2 > Tools> Connected DBMC 13.2.
- Sign in to the machine where the databases are installed. ( The Database Management Console utility only connects on the local machine that is why it has to be installed and run where the databases are installed).
- On the Database Management Console window, enter your username and password.
- Select the database to be upgraded by ticking the checkbox right next to the database marked as “Ready for Upgrade”.
- Click on the Upgrade Database button from the menu. Alternately, you can also use the right click option, select Upgrade Database.
- On the Upgrade Database pop-up form, tick the checkbox right next to “I have read and accepted the above”. Click Yes.
If you encounter any errors during the upgrade, it is likely that your license has already expired. Contact Connected Business Sales Team to check your account.
- Once the database is upgraded successfully, the Connected Business application version number will be changed to the latest version.
- Sign in to the database from Connected Business to create the cache database.