Install the Connected Business Components - Client Only
In setting up the workstations, you need to
- Install the client component of the Connected Business application.
- Install the web service component (optional)
- Install the server components in the SQL Express instance in the machine (optional)
To install the client components of Connected Business,
- On the selected server (or any machine that has SQL Server installed), run the Connected Business installer. Click Next to continue.
- The installer detects if any prerequisite components are missing. After installing the prerequisites, you may proceed with installing the components of Connected Business application.
- Getting Started: Once validation and prerequisites are installed, you may start installing Connected Business. Click Next to continue.
- License Agreement: The End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) page will display on your screen, check the “I Accept the Terms of the License Agreement” checkbox. Click Next to continue.
- Feature List: Select the client component to install. The Client component consists of the Connected Business application itself. When installing in any server or workstation, you have an option to include or exclude the client component. Select only the Client Component from the list.
- Installation Directory: An option to save the downloaded setup files will be prompted. Check the Save and Downloaded Setup Files checkbox then locate the path to where these files will be saved. Click Next to continue.
- MS SQL Server:Provide the server instance. By default, the server instance in the machine is set to SQL Server Express, however, the following options are provided for more info:
- Use an existing installation of SQL Server.
You have the option to connect to another instance of SQL Server in the machine. Make sure that you have entered the right SQL Server instance as well as the login credentials or you have checked firewall settings prior to Connected Business installation. Click Next to Continue.
- Install MS SQL Server Express.
If the machine does not have any SQL server installed, you have the option to create and install a new SQL server. Provide the instance name on the Server Name field then click Next to continue.
- Do not use any SQL Server Instance.
Selecting this option will skip the installation of the server components; nevertheless, it will connect to the server where there are existing Connected Business databases. This option is best suited when installing only the client components of the Connected Business application.
If you connect to an existing SQL Instance in your network, choose Do Not Use SQL Instance to skip the installation of the server components.
- Web Service: If you chose to install the Business Service component, the next step is to set up the Web Services. You can install the web services on the local host of your computer (by default, the Web Services will be installed in the local host of the computer). You can choose another website to install the Web services but the website must run on the machine’s Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS). Click Next to continue.
- Start Menu Group: This page asks you to set the name of the Start Menu Group and if you want to create a desktop shortcut for the current user or all users of the Connected Business application. Click Next to continue.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
Connected Business includes a Card Scanning feature that allows you to scan business cards and create leads in just one click. To use this feature, you need to have the CSSN SDK for Card Scanning installed separately from Connected Business. For more information, refer to Card Scanning.