Install the Connected Business Components - Server Only
In setting up the server, follow these steps:
- Have SQL Express installed beforehand or use the Connected Business installer to install SQL Express.
- Install the server component of Connected Business.
- Install the client and web service components (optional).
To install the server components of Connected Business,
- On the selected server (or any machine that has SQL Server installed), run the Connected Business installer. Click Next to continue.
- The installer detects if any prerequisite components are missing. After installing the prerequisites, you may proceed with installing the components of Connected Business application.
- Getting Started: Once validation and prerequisites are installed, you may start installing Connected Business. Click Next to continue.
- License Agreement: The End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) page will display on your screen, check the “I Accept the Terms of the License Agreement” checkbox. Click Next to continue.
- Feature List: Select which components to install. Server Component has seven sub-components which you may choose to install the entire feature or select among the list of sub-components.
- Database Component
Consists of the databases to which the Connected Business can connect to as well as the Database Management Console tool to manage the databases exclusively for Connected Business use.
- Web Service Component
Enables the Connected Business application to connect to the database server over the internet. You have the option to install the business service alongside Client/Server installation or install the component later.
- eCommerce Component
Contains the website, shopping cart files and the live chat components.
- POS Component
Enables connecting to the Connected Business Kiosk and POS terminals.
- Email Service Component
Automates the sending and/or retrieving of messages from the email server to the company database and sending campaign waves to its respective target list.
- Postal Code Component
Enables the user to utilize postal codes of United States, Canada and/or Australia countries only.
- eShopConnector Component
Allows you to setup and run module based software designed for businesses using Connected Business application to connect directly to single or multiple eCommerce shopping carts and online global marketplaces. This contains the Web Service Component and the Windows Service Component.
- Installation Directory: An option to save the downloaded setup files will be prompted. Check the Save and Downloaded Setup Files checkbox then locate the path to where these files will be saved. Click Next to continue.
- MS SQL Server:Provide the server instance. By default, the server instance in the machine is set to SQL Server Express, however, the following options are provided for more info:
- Use an existing installation of SQL Server.
You have the option to connect to another instance of SQL Server in the machine. Make sure that you have entered the right SQL Server instance as well as the login credentials or you have checked firewall settings prior to Connected Business installation. Click Next to Continue.
- Install MS SQL Server Express.
If the machine does not have any SQL server installed, you have the option to create and install a new SQL server. Provide the instance name on the Server Name field then click Next to continue.
- Do not use any SQL Server Instance.
Selecting this option will skip the installation of the server components; nevertheless, it will connect to the server where there are existing Connected Business databases. This option is best suited when installing only the client components of the Connected Business application.
- Start Menu Group: This page asks you to set the name of the Start Menu Group and if you want to create a desktop shortcut for the current user or all users of the Connected Business application. Click Next to continue.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
Connected Business includes a Card Scanning feature that allows you to scan business cards and create leads in just one click. To use this feature, you need to have the CSSN SDK for Card Scanning installed separately from Connected Business. For more information, refer to Card Scanning.