Fix Database Item Information
The DBMC Data verifier allows you to verify the accuracy of your data after the upgrade. If discrepancies are found e.g. total units in stock does not match with the quantity indicated in the item ledger, the system will automatically make the necessary adjustments to the corresponding journal accounts.You can run the Data Verifier anytime to verify if all information related to your Inventory Items such as units in stock, stock allocations, etc. are all correct.
You can only use the Data Verifier on upgraded databases or your server version must be compatible with your client version.
To run the Data Verifier,
- Select the database to verify from the Database list.
- Click on the Data Verifier button from the toolbar menu.
- You will be prompted with a few reminders before proceeding with the verification such as printing a PDF copy of your trial balance for historical purposes, creating a backup for your database before upgrading and advising you to run the upgrade during off hours.
- Click OK to proceed with the verification. A progress bar will be displayed showing the percentage of data completely verified. The data verification process can take an hour or more depending on how many transactions you have in the system.
- After the verification, you will be prompted that the verification is successful.